W0CP wrote:

> I've been disappointed with the audio output from my Heil proset
> headphones. I've got other headphones around that are more sensitive, but
> I like boom mic headphones.

That's very strange.  I have two original Heil Pro-Sets (not the Pro-Set
Plus) which must be ~20 years old.  On both the maximum I ever turn set AF
gain to is 9-10 o'clock.  I normally leave both Main and Sub AF set there
and adjust RF Gain for a comfortable level.  I wonder if your Heil headset
might be 200 ohms impedance?  I think mine are 32 ohms which the K3 is
designed for and both work very well, as well as the Extreme Isolation EX-29
(32 ohms also) which is my current favorite for CW.

73,  Bill