Must admit that I've never been completely 'thrilled' with the performance
of my 10+ year old Heil ProSet cans when used with my K2 or my K3.

I've almost always had to crank up the AF Gain higher than that which gave
more than ample AF output to the attached speakers.

I've even gone to the point of considering trying to replace the OEM
headphone elements with some small 8-Ohm speakers... haven't done it (yet)
but it's certainly been on  my agenda to research.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS

At 16:31 11/16/2008, Bill W4ZV wrote:

Barry N1EU wrote:

> My Heil ProSet is 200 ohms and my max AF Gain is also 9-10 o'clock like
> Bill.  Make sure you have the config menu setting for AF Gain set to HI

Just FYI my AF GAIN is set to LO, and I still have plenty of gain.  I'm not
sure about the actual impedance of my Heils but I've never had any problems
with a TS-930S, FT-1000MP, Orion or the K3.  They were a little weak when
used with my K2 however.

73,  Bill