  From: Julian, G4ILO (via Nabble)
  To: Ken_ke2n
  Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 23:23
  Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Farnsworth and EME

    Ken_ke2n wrote:
    So you send  around 15 WPM, trying to get a whole character through between
fades. It becomes important to know if you have heard two characters, or one
with a hole in the middle. Hence the use of exaggerated character spacing
(a.k.a. Farnsworth).
  That's an interesting justification and I've learned something from reading
it. But I think the question has to be asked as to why what is a pretty
specialized requirement needs to be built into the K3 rather than performed by
an external box or computer software. It seems to me a bit like asking if the
K3 could have a built-in WSPR beacon mode. :)
  Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
  G4ILO's Shack Ham Directory  KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3