quote
I would not like to see this added to the  K3. It's quite specialized,
unquote

Actually all the ARRL code practice tranmissions from 5-13 WPM use this
method of keying,
(obviously not sending with a bank of K3's)

Some of us "grew up" on this, back in the day when your novice license
expired in 1 year and you had to get from 5 WPM to 13 WPM in that time, or
go QRT. If I have to QRS for someone, I like to send the same way.

One way for the K3 program to do this, would be to insert one parameter into
the CW generation routine that reduced the number of 'clock ticks' for dots,
dashes and intraletter spaces, while leaving the inter-letter and inter-word
space alone.

Alternatively, you could extend the inter-letter and inter-word spaces and
leave the dits/dahs alone.

Seems to me not all that hard, if the keying is generated by software.

There are more sophisticated adjustments some keyers allow, related to QSK.
Those are the ones I consider to be 'quite sophisticated'.

 = = = =

just think of all the customization you can do to voice-

 8-band equalizer
 compression
 noise gate
 ESSB