I have read the discussion on K3 noise reduction with interest.   I believe the
best SSB noise reduction can be found on the Omni VII.  SSB signals on the Omni
VII stand out and sound very good with no harshness while giving the appearance
of reducing the background noise.  NR on my Omni VII is so good I can leave it
on all the time without compromising the quality of the signal.  I find
objectionable resonances when using NR in SSB mode on my K3.  The best way for
me to minimize these resonances is to use the SHIFT/LO.  Apparently NR is best
used in the CW mode on the K3.  Conversely, NR is somewhat mushy in the CW mode
on the Omni VII.  I guess you can't have it both ways.  It may be an AGC thing.
 Roy Morris  W4WFB