It's remarkable how on any list for any radio, NR is the bugaboo. Everyone expects magic. There ain't no stinkin' magic. To Bill's point, it is far less effective -- to the fact of almost being unnoticable at relatively narrow CW bandwidths.

Having used virtually every 3rd party box known to man in the search for nirvana, and been in on much of the use, discussion and some analysis of another high end radio's NR function, I find the K3 NR to be extremely effective on SSB and CW, when the conditions (be they band or radio settings) are right for NR to be effective, which they are not always. As for the conjuration of it all, it's just dynamic filtering, not something mystical (that is what at LMS algorithm does -- there's nothing mystical about LMS, either).

Grant/NQ5T

It's interesting to hear the differing opinions on this subject. While I found the NR on the O7 to be good, it wasn't exceptional. I thought the NR function attenuated the desired signal, even at the least aggressive setting.

The best DSP NR I've heard came from the Omni 6+ as well as the LMS algorithm used in the W9GR DSP box. Both DSP NR occurs in these devices at the AF level, rather than I.F.

Just curious, does the K3 implement a true LMS algorithm at I.F. in one of its menu-selected NR routines? Lyle? I've never been too impressed with some of the other "contour optimized" NR routines like that used in the FT-1KMP series.

Paul, W9AC