> I have read the discussion on K3 noise reduction with interest.   I believe
> the best SSB noise reduction can be found on the Omni VII"

It's interesting to hear the differing opinions on this subject.  While I found
the NR on the O7 to be good, it wasn't exceptional.  I thought the NR function
attenuated the desired signal, even at the least aggressive setting.

The best DSP NR I've heard came from the Omni 6+ as well as the LMS algorithm
used in the W9GR DSP box.  Both DSP NR occurs in these devices at the AF level,
rather than I.F.

Just curious, does the K3 implement a true LMS algorithm at I.F. in one of its
menu-selected NR routines?  Lyle?   I've never been too impressed with some of
the other "contour optimized" NR routines like that used in the FT-1KMP series.

Paul, W9AC