Floated off? Did you heat both ends at the same time?

I haven't checked the parts on that particular board, but many such parts
are attached to the board with a drop of adhesive before they're soldered.

When mounting SMDs - piggyback or on a bare board, I tack one lead with a
slightly wet soldering iron tip while holding the part in place, just as
shown in the procedure. When I'm satisfied with the placement, I solder the
other terminal(s). Then, if needed, I go back and touch up the first one.

That way, at least one terminal is secure at all times to hold the part.

Ron AC7AC