In preparation for a 160M contest one winter I took a 5000' reel
of #22 ga insulated hook-up wire and tied the free end to a fence
post.  I then took off walking across the adjacent gold course and
into the field beyond, the general direction of Japan while unspooling
the wire behind me.

The snow drifts kept the wire from laying completely on the ground,
but at least there were no golf carts to snare it, and little likelihood
of a stray snowmobile. (:-))  It worked well, but I now have a single
turn hardline loop that does the tick just as well.

Oh ... after the contest I reeled up back onto the reel and it's still
in the barn.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]