I stand corrected.  There are apparently a lot of quiet K3s out there.

I wonder if the quiet fans are from a different manufacturer?

The fans in my K3 are made by UTEC:
Series 8162 P/N AT6015L-12L2B ND5
Series 8163 P/N AT6015L-12L2B ND2

The replacement fans (from Elecraft) were identical.

73
--
Joe KB8AP