Well I finally bit the bullet and did the audio- and ALC-mod hardware updates to my SN308 K3, including adding pull-ups to the band-data outputs (optional mod in the ALC instructions). I'd already done the HAGC and CW rise-time mod a few months ago. While I don't use ALC with my K3/ALS-600, I wanted everything up to date. Everything went smoothly, as the Elecraft instructions are excellant. Time spent was probably about two hours, but I took my time.

I wanted to pass on my experience with K6LL's suggestion about making the L4 front panel mod from the side of the unit without having to remove the front panel. I found this surprisingly easy to do, and it certainly saved time.

So - Now after two mod processes plus installation of the KRX3, my cabinet screws are starting to show a little wear. Maybe Elecraft should offer a small kit that just includes replacement cabinet screws (top-and side-cover especially) for those of us who keep taking our K3s apart.

Phil - AD5X