wayne burdick wrote:
Dick just announced his latest revision of K3 Utility (see below), which will automatically perform all of the steps involved in K3 transmit gain calibration. I'm posting, too, just in case his subject line didn't your attention.

This is a real labor-saver. It can safely be done at any time, even if you think your K3's transmit gain has already been calibrated correctly. All you need is an appropriate dummy load. See full instructions below.

I'd like to thank Dick for his efforts on this. In fact, it's so cool that we're now thinking about what else we can automate :)

73,
Wayne

Dick Dievendorff wrote:

New versions of the Elecraft K3 Utility for Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux are
available on the Elecraft K3 software web page:
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

The primary new capability is a Transmitter Gain Calibration "wizard",
accessible from the Configuration tab, that automates the Transmitter Gain
Calibration procedure described on pages 48-49 of the K3 Owner's manual
(Revision D-1). K3 Utility Help has been updated to describe this feature.

---

http://www.elecraft.com

This is so slick!! Working with the K3 is a terrific adventure. I'm sure it'll take quite a while for me to become truly proficient with all of the features, but the basically solid engineering and first rate performance are key. It's nice to know that Elecraft is always looking for ways to improve the breed, but knowing that the foundations are solid is the cornerstone to the success of this rig. You guys are just plain wonderful!

Happy Holidays to all,

Dick ka1oz
Middleborough, MA

Radio:  Elecraft K3/100(Kit) SN 859