I've got a duh of my own... I did enable TECH MD and looking at page
48 under transmitter gain in config I see no TXGN demonstrated; I see
Tx DLY, Tx ESSB and Tx GATE. Doing the PWR SET and setting the output
to say 5W and then holding tune, it does calibrate 5W for that
specific band that I'm on but it doesn't do any further steps.

I know I'm missing the obvious...

My early morning Christmas present to myself is I'm scratchin' my
head!

AND a better present is this Beyootiful K# I put together on the
20th, my Birthday!

Now this K3 is a nice present to myself, oh ya.

:)

Hehe

Gary, KA1J