What happens when you do it manually at this same power setting?  Does the
power continue to jitter around 5.0 to 5.2?

The calibration code samples the power shown in VFO B every 100 msec, for up
to 20 samples, until the last four samples have the same value.  If they
don't settle to the same value, and if that value isn't between one digit of
the target value, the utility reports failure.

But the code sets the power to 5.0 watts before the calibration begins.

I'll play with this a bit to see what happens here.

Thank you!

Dick