Ron Spencer wrote:

> To summarize what I want is: main receiver to listen on beverages which
> are
> connected to the receive antenna bnc. Listen with the 2nd receiver on the
> main transmit antenna.

I don't have a KAT3 installed in my K3 with the KRX3 but that may be the
only way to do what you want.  Your choice would be ANT2 instead of AUX RF
for the KRX3 and then use ANT2 for the Main TX.  Then you would have RX ANT
for Main RX and ANT2 for KRX3, but you have then given up using AUX RF for
the KRX3 (without changing cables inside the K3).  As I said I don't have a
KAT3 so maybe someone who does can verify this.

What difference does it make which RX is on which antenna since the RXs are
identical?  See link below for using a splitter for Bev to both RX ANT / AUX
RF which allows quickly switching  between the 3 combinations:

Main / Sub

1.  TX ANT on Main ANT1 / Bev on Sub AUX RF.  [normal diversity setup]
2.  Both RXs on TX ant.  ANT1/ANT1  [*tap* RX ANT to toggle with #1 above]
3.  Both RXs on Bev.  Bev (RX ANT) / Bev (AUX RF) [*hold* RX ANT to toggle
with #1 above]

Here's a previous post describing this:

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2008-November/099738.html

73,  Bill