In a related "wish list" item, I would like to have the ability to switch between 2 antennas, just like the KAT3 does now, but without the tuner part of the KAT3. I have all resonant antennas and do not need the tuner on the K3.

I know I could just add the KAT3 and put it in bypass, but that is quite pricey for an antenna switch.
So how about a "KAS3" option (K3 Antenna Switch)?

73,
Don W3FPR

Ron Spencer wrote:
During the recent Stew Perry 160 contest I found that at some points the
transmit vertical was better then the beverages for receiving the west
coast. It seems that when I assign the second receiver to "main" it uses
whatever antenna I have selected for the main receiver and not the main
transmit antenna. What I wanted to do was listen on the sub to the transmit
vertical and the beverages on the main. This way I could, if I wanted to,
quickly shut off the sub to get the beverages in both ears. I don't have the
tuner in the K3.

I know I can put the beverages in the sub receiver aux input but if I do
this I can't have them in both ears (or is there a way to do that?).
To summarize what I want is: main receiver to listen on beverages which are
connected to the receive antenna bnc. Listen with the 2nd receiver on the
main transmit antenna.
Thanks

Ron
N4XD