Hey troops,

I had an idea last night while in CW QSO with my K3.  I've noticed that
I always turn the AF gain down when I send CW.  I have the side tone
volume set to just the right level for the Spot function to work, but
when I send CW I want to greatly reduce the distraction from the
receiver.  I still want to hear it, but not be distracted by it.

That got me thinking about ducking.  Boy, would it be cool if the K3
would duck the receiver under the CW side tone.  I'd want it to be
engaged only when sending (not for spot) and I'd like the AF gain
reduction to be adjustable through a menu setting.

I guess another way to implement this might be to have the side tone
affect the AGC so when I send, my RX responds as if it were a real
signal and the AGC kicks in to quiet the receiver.  In this case, I'd
want to set the amount of gain reduction and whether to use Fast or Slow
recovery.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -