On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 11:05, Ken Kopp wrote:

> Other than the obvious desire to hear a "BK" between
> code elements, or to hear if the DX station in a pile-up
> has answered someone other than you, what's the
> reason for using this mode?

I first started using full break-in many years ago when I was active in
the CW traffic nets.  You need QSK so you can hear the other station
break in for "fills".

But I soon became addicted to it for all my CW operating.  I feel like
I'm half-blind when I can't hear what is happening on the channel while
in transmit mode.

Al N1AL