I am not sure if this is a bug or I am just doing something wrong, but I
selected
the "+" option yesterday to be able to send CW while in the USB mode, and
plugged
my external keyer into the KEY jack on the back of the K3.   I tried it, but
never
could seem to get the rig to send CW while I was in USB mode.

However, today when I started up trying to run a 6m EME sked, I found that when
the PTT line was closed by my sequencer, the K3 started transmitting
immediately
and I heard a sidetone in the speaker.  All while the tones from the computer
also
were coming through to the mic input.  It was as if the rig was trying to send
CW carrier at the same time as SSB or something!  I finally figured out that it
was nothing in the latest firmware download, but that I could get things back
normal by changing the CW option back to "-".

Anybody have any idea what is going on?  TNX and VY 73, Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73