Hi Don,

Don Wilhelm wrote:
> Lance,
>
> Getting CW+SSB to work with PTT applied is "on the list", but may be
> some time in coming.
It is encouraging to learn that the feature will eventually be available to
those
of us who use footswitches and/or sequencers to enable the XMIT on the K3.  I
probably won't have a need for this feature until summer Es season anyway, so I
am
happy to wait on this one.

> Although it may not help with the current CW+SSB situation, you might
> want to consider starting your sequencer with the K3 KEYOUT and use TX
> INH to hold off RF until the sequencer finishes.  Doing so will allow
> you to begin the sequence with the normal K3 outputs rather than an
> isolated 'start sequencer' signal from a footswitch or a manual switch
> (i.e. normal PTT or VOX to the K3 would start the sequencer, but the K3
> would not tramsmit RF until the sequencer completes).
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
Yes, that certainly seems like another way to do it, although somewhat
indirect.
I think rather than rewire everything in the shack, I will keep the current
standard sequencer setup so I can use my IC746 on 2m EME without blowing things
up.

I look forward to the updated firmware that will permit the "SSB+CW" mode while
in
the PTT mode ;-)  MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73