Hello James,

May be not a direct answer to your question.

Sub-receiver is useful provided that you have installed it carefully and there
is no birdies.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

--- 2009年2月10日 星期二,James Sarte <kc2...@gmail.com> 寫道﹕

寄件人: James Sarte <kc2...@gmail.com>
主題: [Elecraft] K3 sub-receiver usefulness?
收件人: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
日期: 2009 2 10 星期二 上午 10:02

Hello group,

Someone mentioned in one of the reflector emails that the new firmware under
development will allow independent band switching/monitoring between VFO’s
without a sub receiver.  Am I correct in my understanding then that without a
sub receiver, this firmware will allow tuning and monitoring of separate
bands?  If that is indeed the case, can someone please clarify for me how that
can accomplished with a single receiver?

On a separate note, apart from diversity receive, I’m curious to know how other
people are utilizing their sub receiver?  The reason I ask is I’m finalizing my
purchase of a K3, and am trying to determine whether it’s necessary to fully
load up both receivers now.  At this point, I’m ready to purchase 2 general
coverage modules plus 2 each of the following filters: 250KHz, 400KHz, 2.8Khz,
6KHz, 13KHz.  I’d like to have the ability to monitor PSK31, FM or SW broadcast
on the sub, while monitoring phone or engaging in a phone QSO on the main; both
receivers being on separate bands.  That’s just one example.  Another could be
to monitor SW broadcast on the main while listening to 10m FM on the sub.  Do I
need to install the AM or FM filters in the sub to monitor SW or FM or can the
sub’s DSP take care of it?

73,
James KC2UEE

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk..promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!