To the "Elecraft Crew",

Many thanks for building into the K3 to sense when the AC power is not there
and "shut-off"
completely!

I say this because earlier this morning here locally there was a PG&E power
outage. Initially the
juice went off and then just a few mil-secs the power tried to come back on,
which would mean
there'd be
a huge power surge to follow! I had my finger on the Astron-50m to switch the
rig off but I did'nt
have to really do that, in that the K3 sensed the power cut-off and "shut down"
immediately.
Everybody knows what "power-surges" can do to our solid-state rigs, and
eventhough most of our
power-distribution strips SUPPOSEDLY have protection against such occurrences
I've found that NOT
all
of them are cracked up to what they advertise!!!

Many thanks for saving our "BABY!"

Jim/nn6ee
S/N 2406