Hi Ken,

There isn't any "100 W calibration" on the K3. All gain calibration is
done at 5 and 50 W (and optionally 1 mW if you have a KXV3). These are
the points we picked do the cal, and the firmware then extrapolates
from there. So, how accurate the rig is at any setting from 13 to 100 W
depends on whether you've done the 50 W calibration.

There is one additional form of optional calibration: the K3's
wattmeter. See CONFIG:WMTR in the owner's manual.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Ken Kopp wrote:

> I may well be the only one "caught" by this, but be sure that
> the TRANSMITTER GAIN procedure on pages 49 and 50
> of  the manual has been done, but also include the 100W level.
>
> IMO, the first paragraph under WATTMETER on page 49
> should read "... 5 W, 50 W , 100 W (K3/100 only) .... etc.

---

http://www.elecraft.com