Cleve,

The RTC in the K3 is specified at 2 seconds per day, I believe. If it's
worse than this, you may have a slightly mistuned 32 kHz oscillator
crystal. Please contact k3support for help with this.

Anyone who is really good with surface-mount assembly has the option of
trying to trim this oscillator closer than we do in the factory :)  One
capacitor is involved, although the procedure is a bit tricky. Let me
know if you're interested *and* have the right equipment (an accurate
freq counter with low-C probe and a very good SMD soldering station).

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Mar 8, 2009, at 9:00 PM, W5CEM wrote:

> Hey that's a cool way to set the clock.  TNX.  However since the thing
> won't
> stay set, I should get good exercise pushing #2 and #3 and rocking the
> VFO
> knob back and forth.
>
> cleve/W5CEM

---