My K3 RTC was gaining less than 2 seconds a month last summer.  This
winter,   it has been loosing about the same.  The temp. in the shack
is about 15 degrees warmer in the summer.  It would be near perfect at
about 65 degrees F.  I don't think I will try to tweak it :).  I
originally thought that the RTC would use the TCXO as a time base but
that would require the TCXO to be powered up all the time.

73,
Rick   K7MW