ac...@aol.com wrote:
> I was wondering if the K3 VFO tuning rates increase the faster the VFO knob
>  is spun?  Is this a future firmware option if it doesn't?
> I have an ICOM 756PROIII and its VFO tuning rate increases with the speed
> of the knob, kinda nice!

I have a Sangean ATS 83 that does it (venerable mass market portable
including shortwave and BFO).

Not only is the idea obvious, but any patent that was obtained, in spite
of the obviousness, will be long since expired.

I was surprised that the K2 didn't do it and even more surprised that
the K3 doesn't.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to