Don Wilhelm wrote:
> Atilano,
>
> The K3 is waiting for a firmware load - MCU LD plus a blinking TX
> indicator is how that condition is displayed.
>
> I suggest you download the firmware again to assure that you do not have
> a corrupt firmware file on your computer, then run K3 Utility again to
> load the firmware.  Load all the firmware, including the data tables.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR

One blunder I once made was to let the battery run down.

Context: Upgrade appeared to have gone well, but I got an error message. This
turned out to
be a hardware fault on the K3, but that's another story. At the time, I thought
it was firmware,
so I wanted to upload again from a different computer. It was much more
convenient to do it on
battery. The K3 powered on, showing MCU LD / blinking TX, but the K3 utility
was unable to talk
to the radio.

It took some frantic correspondence with support before I thought about
checking the battery
voltage - which turned out be about 8 V !

Embarassing.

73
Jon LA4RT