Howard,

It sounds like the ALC voltage coming out of your amplifier is much
greater than the K3 ALC input range.

The ALC voltage from your amplifier is reducing the K3 power output.  I
believe the problem is with the amplifier, not the K3.

Remove the ALC connection to your amplifier, then using the K3 power
control, slowly increase the drive to your amplifier while measuring the
voltage being developed at the amplifier's ALC output.  It should be
zero or very close to zero until the amplifier comes near its power
limit.  If the voltage at the amplifier is in excess of the ALC
threshold you have set on the K3, then the K3 will reduce power.

In other words, if you want to set the K3 ALC Threshold at -4 volts,
adjust the amplifier's ALC circuits to produce -4 volts when the
amplifier's power limit is reached.

As others have pointed out, attempting to use the amp's ALC output to
control the power output of the K3 is bad practice and is likely to
produce distorted signals and splatter.

73,
Don W3FPR