Alan,

Your analysis is correct - BUT --

Efficiency is one thing. but it has been previously discussed that
higher DC voltages result in improved IMD.
So the "best" voltage to be used is a compromise (efficiency alone is
not the only consideration). My preference is to stay with the 13.8 volt
output of my power supply and keep the voltage drop under full load to a
minimum by using #12 or larger conductors and low drop (APP)
connectors.  My vote is to stay with a "systems" approach rather than
concentrating on only one parameter.  YMMV.

73,
Don W3FPR