Very true.  There is a tradeoff between efficiency and distortion.  The
K3 has good cooling, so for a fixed station where power consumption is
not an issue, you might as well keep the PS voltage fairly high.  It
also might give you a little more power output 6 meters which tends to
run a little low.

Al N1AL