First I would like to thank all who have provided advice and comments. This is
a great reflector!Second I will fully explain my setup: Astron RS-35M to a
Samlex BBM-12100 battery backup module to a RIGrunner 4012 to the K3. The cable
between the Astron and the Samlex is #10 and about 6'6" long. Between the
Samlex and the RIGrunner is #10 about 5'6" long. Finally from the RIGrunner to
the K3 was the entire #12 cable supplied by Elecraft about 5'2" long.As someone
noted there is about .4v loss in the Samlex and probably a bit in the
4012. Ased on the collective advice I have removed about 8'6" of cable, only
2'3" was off the #12 wire. The results are now 14.1v receiver only load and
13.0v under full load. So I have reduced losses by a full .5v or about31.25%. I
am happy with this result. Thanks again to all that provided advice. Harris K9RJ