I had a similar "oops" with my K3, a faulty cable/adapter on the KEY
input socket caused my K3 to go to full CW carrier output on 6m, in a
hurry to stop the transmission, I turned the power supply mains off as
the K3's controls seemed to be locked... Big mistake, the uncontrolled
power down of the K3 while transmitting somehow seems to have put out RF
on the KXV3 RF IN/OUT line and damaged an external 6m pre-amp that was
in use at the time.

There are two issues here:

1. If a power supply fails the K3 doesn't seem to do an orderly shutdown
if it's transmitting at the time of power failure.

2. The KXV3 shouldn't be able to output TX RF power from the receive
external filter/pre-amp sockets.

I have repaired my 6m pre-amp (not the Elecraft PR6), but am wary of
using the K3 on 6m again, my TS480SAT doesn't need a pre-amp and will
continue to be my radio of choice for 6m.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
Today I was playing with my K3 AGC settings to learn more about them. At
some point I had placed my Heil Pro Set Plus on top of the K3. A strong
signal presented itself resulting in a increased audio level from the K3’s
speaker. Unfortunately VOX was still on and the K3 started transmitting. I
quickly tried to disengage the VOX but mistakenly hit the power button.

When I turned the K3 back on it wouldn’t transmit anymore.