Thank you Dave for your reply, but it was a entirely different "problem".

I'm embarrassed like you won't believe. Before posting my problem on the
reflector I thought I had checked everything to make sure that is was a
genuine problem. After an hour of doing something else, I turned the K3 back
on and went through all the knobs once more to find out that the MIC gain
was set to "0". I had been playing with the MIC gain earlier before and I
guess at some point turned the knob counter clockwise. Why? I do not have a
clue.

I'm glad though that my "problem" is fixed without having to repair
anything. Except for my ego that is...

Best 73,
A embarrassed person