John,

I've noted your report of VFO tuning noise on 10 m, and will look into
it further when I get back from vacation. Sounds like re-radiation of
SPI bus tuning data, and this could be frequency specific. It might
also vary with the type of antenna, ground, and other I/O devices
connected to the rig. Usually atmospheric noise masks any digital
switching noise, which is typically at an extremely low level.

As Graham noted, a temporary workaround might be to use the DSP noise
blanker, set to something like t1-5. This will have virtually no
impact on normal signals, and is applied post-crystal filter so it
can't cause wideband IMD. The DSP NB is quite good at removing low-
level, high rise-time signals. NB settings are stored per-band, and
you can also save the on/off status on a per-band basis by setting
CONFIG:NB SAVE to YES.

73,
Wayne
N6KR