This sentence:
When SHIFT is set to for example 0.45; the problem happens on all
frequencies from 3.577.11 - 3.577.19

Should read:
When SHIFT is set to for example 0.45; the problem happens on all
frequencies from 3.577.00 - 3.577.07

My apologies

Thanks for the responses. It was also suggested that I do the KSYN mod and
then the VCO CAL. I did both and still have the problem.

But this is a very localized problem and I am now able to reproduce it
whenever I like. I'm actually wondering if this is a bug... so if someone
else could please do a test to see if you're also able to hear the chirp I
would appreciate it.

It only happens for me with a frequency from 3.577.11 to 3.577.19. Any other
frequency works fine  - when SHIFT is centered... When SHIFT is set to for
example 0.45; the problem happens on all frequencies from 3.577.11 -
3.577.19

Power setting or filter WIDTH does not make any difference. I am using a
dummy load when testing.

You do of course have to listen to yourself on a second receiver if you try
this:

1) Set K3 to 80M CW 3.577.15
2) Make sure the SHIFT control is centered at 0.60 and try keying.

When I QSY to to 3.577.00 the problem goes away but comes back on all
frequencies between  3.577.00 and 3.577.07 when the SHIFT control is set to
.045. I can change the frequency slightly the other direction too and
reproduce the problem by changing the SHIFT control.

The problem is absolutely consistent but the SHIFT control needs to be exact
at the 'problem FC' to cause the problem.

If you can't reproduce it with these exact settings, maybe try to vary the
sift control a few notches.

73,
Are - LB3SA