Thanks for your response Tim. It's nice to see that it isn't just me that is
going mental! :)

I'm surprised however that Elecraft has not responded yet but they may not
have seen the message.

It does work fine with the TX button activated but I hope it's not really an
acceptable workaround in the long run. And you do have to constantly monitor
yourself on a second receiver to be sure all is OK.

Further testing reveals that (with WIDTH setting to 450kHz or wider):

When SHIFT is set to 0.55; the problem happens on all frequencies from
3.577.06 - 3.577.16.

When SHIFT is set to 0.60; the problem happens on all frequencies from
3.577.11 - 3.577.21.

When SHIFT is set to 0.65; the problem happens on all frequencies from
3.577.16 - 3.577.26.

This frequency range is where I spend 90% of my time since ity is Norway's
local CW rag chew area so it is important to me that the radio works here.

73,
Are - LB3SA