Johnny Siu wrote:

> BTW,  I shall soon depart for London, Uk.  Are there any ham shops in
> London that I can have a look?

The last one in central London disappeared over a decade ago.  I'm not
sure if there ever were others in the centre, although, when I was
young, there used to be components and surplus shops (including some on
Lisle Street, in Chinatown).

After that, there used to be some about 8 miles out, but, at least on my
side of London, they have also moved out.  The nearest I can find is in
Chertsey, which is at least 15 miles out, near the far side of Heathrow
airport.

You might be able to get VHF handies at Maplins, who have an increasing
high street presence, including central London, but, for anything else,
you will have to go out of London.

Is this just a brief visit, as I know at least one radio club (in outer
London) that I am sure would appreciate a talk on amateur radio in Hong
Kong and South China.  They have several Elecraft rigs amongst their
members.
--
David Woolley
"we do not overly restrict the subject matter on the list, and we