Neither the SDR-IQ or the LP-PAN have sound cards in them.

The SDR-IQ is an full blown SDR receiver which does the data conversion
onboard then sends the results to the computer via USB port. The SDR-IQ
converts the entire spectrum from 500Hz to 30MHz to IQ data at an 67MHz
sample rate.

The LP-PAN is an IF to computer interface. It takes the data off the K3
IF port, at 8.215MHz, converts it to IQ data, and sends it on to the
computer sound card which samples the data at a 192KHz rate (for better
than average sound cards).

The LP-PAN/E-MU 0202 combo, which seems to be the sweet spot, are just a
little more than half the price of the SDR-IQ.

--
R. Kevin Stover
ACØH