Just checked one of the largest online computer parts retailers,
newegg.com, and they've still got the E-MU 0202 selling for $99.99, same
price I paid for it 6 months ago so I wouldn't expect other online
retailers to be higher or lower than that by more than $5.

So, $225 + $100 = $325 or $175 + $100 = $275 for the LP-PAN kit plus
E-MU, compared to $499.99 for the SDR-IQ at Universal.

The E-MU is processor intensive but runs real well on any machine 2
years old or newer.
You won't be running this combo on that old PIII with USB 1.1 ports
sitting in the corner but I'd bet the SDR-IQ wouldn't work real well
with that kind of machine either.

Another way to get around the resource sensitivity of the E-MU 0202 is
the Infrasonic Quartet PCI internal sound card for $139.99.

Larry is now making versions of the LP-PAN for these rigs and IF
frequencies.
8.215 MHz (Elecraft K3)
8.83 MHz (most older Kenwoods)
9.00 MHz (TenTec Orion)