Don Wilhelm wrote:
> Sam,
>
> That happens when some of the fuzz 'strings' from the felt washer gets caught
> up in the slot on the encoder shaft. Try to get it out with the tip of a
> knife or a needle, and believe me, it is not an easy task.  Worst case, if
> you can't get it out, you may have to replace the encoder.  Use a new felt
> washer in any case.

Thanks Don, I had been looking at the archives for a while, and about the time
you sent your reply, I had finally figured out the correct search term to use
and found that very thing about the felt washer.

Good news is I got a few of the fuzz strings out and the tension has freed up
'some'. Bad news is it's not back to where it use to be.

But hey it's a lot better, guess some of the fiber strings were inside where I
couldn't get them out. Maybe they will work themselves out in the future, I
hope.

Thanks again for the K2 reply, now I can unsubscribe again. Can't cope with the,
'All K3 All the Time' aspect of the list. Shrug, yea you're right, I'm just
jealous cause I can't afford one, oh well, maybe they will break up the lists
some day and I can come back to stay.
--
GB & 73
KA5OAI