From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 6:29 AM
To: Sam Morgan
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 Tuning knob resistance to tight

Sam,

That happens when some of the fuzz 'strings' from the felt washer gets
caught up in the slot on the encoder shaft.
Try to get it out with the tip of a knife or a needle, and believe me,
it is not an easy task.  Worst case, if you can't get it out, you may
have to replace the encoder.  Use a new felt washer in any case.

73,
Don W3FPR