> Want either the 6 or the 13kc filters but not both. I
> Know if I order the 6 it will not work for FM but if I
> Order the 13 will be happy with it on am?

For receive, yes.  However, you can not currently TRANSMIT
AM or ESSB through the 13 KHz filter unless you lie in the
filter configuration and tell the K3 it's a 6 KHz filter
instead of the 13 KHz filter.

> Is there much advantage to getting the 2.8  8 pole
> Verses the 2.7 5 pole?

Only marginally if you are doing SSB contesting and
do not plan to get a "narrow SSB" filter eventually.

> Same with the 400hz 8 pole Vs the 500hz 5 pole.

There is more difference in the 400 Hz 8-pole and
500 Hz 5-pole than between 2.8 KHz vs. 2.7 KHz filters.
Also consider the Inrad 500 Hz 8-pole filter.  It is
somewhat wider than  the 400 Hz filter but with much
sharper skirts than the 5-pole filter.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV