--- On Fri, 8/21/09, Brett Howard <br...@livecomputers.com> wrote:

From: Brett Howard <br...@livecomputers.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Channel Hopping
To: lrom...@ij.net
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Friday, August 21, 2009, 7:41 PM

You know you can use the RIT knob as a fast band move knob with a simple
menu setting so that it works like the M.CH knob does on the Kenwoods.

Not quite.  I use the RIT knob set to 5 KHz steps all of the time, but it steps
5 KHz from where it's currently setting, and if that isn't a 5KHz multiple then
it isn't the same as the Kenwood.

Let's face it, on many bands these days we are almost channelized.  The DX
calls on 14.195 not 14.196789.  With my Kenwood, if I'm listening on 14.003 and
decide to check 14.195 I just turn the VFO CH knob and easily land on freq.
BTW, the radio knows to change modes from CW to USB at 14.150.  And if I think
I may want to return to the CW freq, before moving I hit Quick Memory and it's
saved and I can return to it with one button push.