You are probably right.  I installed the K3 ATU four months ago and
since then have been totally spoiled by not having to manually tune  my
external tuner from band to band.  Yes, the K3 drives the L4B perfectly
but I still need to adjust the antenna tuner when using the L4B .
Depending on how much a decoder costs I might just go for the gold and
buy an automatic KW+ external tuner.  Tuning the L4B from band to band
is no big deal.
K4GM- George