> I'm looking for a decoder to use with my K3/PW-1.    I
> realize there are several options available but would
> like input from someone actually using one before I buy.

Unfortunately the PW-1 will only work with Icom serial
(CI-V) data.  It does not respond to the old stepped
DC voltage like the 2-KL and 4-KL.

To the best of my knowledge there are only three devices
currently in production that will translate non-Icom
CAT data to Icom CI-V format.  They are the microHAM
Station Master, microHAM microKEYER II and microHAM
MK2R/MK2R+ (SO2R controller).  The discontinued microHAM
micro Band Decoder will also provide a CI-V output if
you can find one used.

All of the microHAM devices provide multiple functions
- they are not dedicated protocol converters - so they
are not inexpensive.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV