Good Evening,
   Dvorak is playing as the sun sets on a very fine day.  Got to near 90 so we
have had a little bit of summer again.  Earlier in the week I had to keep the
fire going to stay warm because outside temperatures were near 50 degrees.
What a difference a couple days make!  Conditions on twenty meters were pretty
good during all of my contacts.  I did try a little on 40 meters but that was
only to test a transmitter I built on a bit of PC board.  Not much power but it
is only two transistors.  Now I can pull it apart because I know that circuit
works.  I will try another one soon.  It is a fun way to spend a pleasant
Saturday afternoon.
   Fall is in the air though.  The vine maple are turning bright red and some
of the other trees have lost their leaves.  I don't have a lot of deciduous
trees up here but they are shedding.  So are the coniferous trees.  Needles are
covering everything; but without the duff there would be no soil.  Dry
conditions preclude outdoor burning though fire danger is dropping.  Soon the
signs will be down and the rains will be back again.  Then I can clear more
storm damage and burn all the slash from the trees I have been harvesting from
the damaged areas.  Firewood will not be a problem for five years if not much
longer.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-