Good Evening,
   Another week has flown by.  It does not help that I am working so many
projects.  Time simply goes away while I am having fun working.  But the season
is changing and there is not much time before the rain and snow of winter are
at hand.  I plan to be cozy and warm so I can work on the less strenuous
activities sitting by a warm fire with some jazz on the radio.  The snow can
pile up around me as I work.  Now that they have built a new communications
tower above me I should not worry too much about electric power.  But I do have
a bank of batteries charged so I can be on the air for quite a while without
being fed from the mains.  A generator to run the well is in my future but for
now water is my main concern during a power outage.  Luckily all the trees
which were going to fall have already done so.  The ones remaining are well
rooted and short.
    Propagation was decent this week on 20, 30, 40, and 80 meters.  As long as
one did not try to use them during the wrong times of day life was good.  I
missed the first thirty minutes of the foxhunt which was when most of the
contacts were made.  During the time I was able to work the event I heard one
"FOX" and then that station was gone.  I can only imagine they were calling CQ
FOX but I will never know.  Oh well, the 40 and 80 meter foxhunts are coming.
Yesterday, during my daily sked, 30 meters was open but not nearly as wide open
as it had been the day before.  I was copying Japan and Europe as the band was
wall to wall stations.  Yesterday the QSB was strong but I was able to work for
an hour.  Hopefully this will hold through tomorrow.  Space Weather is writing
about an impending sunspot due to come over the limb of the sun in only a day
or so.  It is of the new cycle so maybe we will have some ionospheric activity
from it.  The only true measure of propagation is
 to get on the air and see who you can work.  Let's do just that!

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-