On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 09:58 +0100, Dave G4AON wrote:
> Unfortunately the K3 firmware seems to have wandered off track a bit,
> two years ago when the K3 started rolling out the following were on the
> "to do" list and formed part of the specification:
>
> 0.5 ppm TCXO calibration

If you look at the sheet that came with your TCXO you might notice that
it does a good deal better than 0.5ppm without any calibration over the
temperature range that your radio goes through during operation.
The TCXO in my k3 is better than 0.5ppm over the temp range -10C to
+50C. My Front panel temp as measured by the K3 is always around 37-40 C
and does not vary much

you mileage may vary but the K3 with the TCXO already comfortably
exceeds 0.5ppm without the additional calibration. (which is coming.)
Therefore the K3 does not 'fail' to meet the 0.5ppm spec at present

> Synchronous AM

There are a number of things such as Diversity mode that were not in the
original specification that I would consider much more important than
Sync AM.

I am reasonably sure that the sync AM will come and when it does it will
work properly.

Sync AM might be nice to have but it's current absence is hardly a show
stopper, especially when the radio is more than stable enough to
accurately tune AM signals in SSB mode.

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ