Jim,

I know perception is 99% of reality, but your measurement technique is
not entirely valid.
The proper way to make the determination of sensitivity is to measure
the MDS of each of the receivers.
Use your XG1 signal generator to determine the MDS of each reciever
using the technique outlined in the XG1 manual.

A more sensitive receiver will create more "antenna noise" than one that
is less sensitive.  Say that the K3 can hear a -138 dBm signal, and the
atmospheric noise is -136 dBm, then the K3 will hear all signals on that
band that are greater than that -136 dBm noise level.  If the MDS of the
other receivers is at -132 dBm, they will not be able to hear the
atmospheric noise, and will also not be able to hear a signal of -133
dBm either.

A receiver that hears more 'antenna noise' is usually the more sensitive
one.
The noise floor - the noise level with the antenna disconnected - is the
limit where the receiver will mask weak signals.  OTOH, atmospheric
noise (antenna noise) will mask signals on all receivers.

73,
Don W3FPR