Wes and all,

It is not unreasonable to expect some frequency dependency in the
detection diodes as well.
The tuner will function properly in any case - it tunes for the lowest
SWR no matter what the exact value of that SWR may be.

Now, if the SWR = 1.0 point was not correct, that would say there may be
a problem with the tuning.
Those wanting a more accurate SWR indication of the antenna side may
want to consider the new Elecraft W2 as well.

73,
Don W3FPR